Sunday, February 19, 2012

Disciplines of a Godly Woman

I've been wanting to start a Bible Study/Devotional that I can do during my Quiet Time.  Not sure what to get, I headed to my local Christian Book Store and searched for "The One".  I also posted on my Facebook page for people to give me their suggestions...what they are doing right now.  I received a lot of great suggestions.  And then I came upon this jewel of a book.





The word "Disciplines" is really what stood out.  I'm not gonna lie, I am in need of some Discipline in my life...some Order.  I'm not a mess or anything, but I do need to prioritize...and then stick to those Priorities.  So, I decided This was the book for me!  It's not necessarily a Devotional.  But it very well could be.  She references A LOT of Scriptures, which is what I was looking for.  So, I made my purchase, started to head to the nearest Starbucks to begin my journey of Disciplines of a Godly Woman.  But, as life often does, plans changed and I didn't make it to Starbucks.  That's ok.  I can start it later that day.

Well, 11 days later I FINALLY started it.  And I loved it.  As I told a friend, Maybe if I had already finished this book, I would've been more disciplined and started my devotional sooner! Oh well, I'm just happy to have found it, and am excited to see what God does in my life.  :)

1 comment: