Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Pajama Day @ School , Hearings for Unemployment, Planning for Colt's Birthday, & the return of Caleb!

You guessed it! Today is pajama day at Colton's school! How fun! He has pretty much outgrown all of his "jammies" from last year, so we lucked out that Mimi had bought him a couple pairs and were saving them for his birthday! So, she pulled out a cute pair that had dinosaurs playing football on them. Too cute! He was thrilled...last night this is! Last night he was very excited about Pajama Day. But this morning, he woke up on the grouchy side and was not the least bit thrilled about #1 Getting out of bed...and #2 Changing out of his pajamas into another pair of pajamas! But, we livened him up...and before long, he was ready! He looked hilarious! Wearing these fitted pajamas...with tennis shoes! How funny! I will try and post pics tonight!

Next order of business, as some of you know, I was let go of my job the beginning of September. I was out of work 3 weeks before being employed at my new job. Well, I signed up for Unemployment Benefits...but I was denied...for ridiculous reasons. Anyway, long story short, the hearing is today. So please, say a quick prayer for me. I requested 3 weeks of unemployment...so that is right under $1000...and I could sure use that! And so could my parents...since they were so gracious in helping me get through those 3 weeks. So, please pray about that...it's at 9:30. I'm not expecting to win, but I do have hope!!

Well, Colton's 4th birthday is next Tuesday! YEA!! I can't believe that I will have a 4 year old! Someone please pinch me! jk We are planning his party for the following Saturday, so I am enjoying getting ready for that!

Caleb came home this past weekend from 4 months in Honduras. We are very glad to have him back in Texas!! He only has until the middle of January, and then his term with the Army will be over. Please pray that we can get through these last couple of months without him getting called back to Iraq.

Ok, I think that's it! I hope everyone is enjoying this lovely weather we are having! Major kudos to Lin as she hibernates in the hospital getting ready for the arrival of her precious little princesses! I can't wait! Thanks to my mom for watching Colt for me on Thursday nights...so that I can visit Lin and watch Grey's Anatomy together! Fun Fun! Alright, I'll update again...later!

deb

2 comments:

  1. I'm praying that you get the unemployment! That stupid Eric! Oh well, what can you do? PRAY! I sound like Dad! :)
    Can't wait for the party next week! Hudson got Colton something tonight! :) Yea!!!!!
    I can envision Colton in super tight PJs with big ole clunky shoes on...classic! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sad that I won't get to come to Colt's 4th birthday. This is my first one to miss...how sad is that! hayden will be there with bells on though and a fun present that hopefully he will like.

    I'm praying for you to win your unemployment case. Such a dumb thing, but I am praying that it goes totally in your favor with no kinks.

    Can't wait to see you tomorrow :) I can't believe its been a whole nother week. Only two more times to watch together and then we'll have to relocate our Grey's nights...and believe me I will do that willingly!

    ReplyDelete