"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord...
I can make New Years Resolutions...plans for 2011...but only God knows what's in store for me and mine.
That said, here's what I would like to accomplish this year...in no specific order...just as they pop into my head.
1. Speak more softly with Colton - have more patience, and don't yell. I can get across to him the same thing without raising my voice. I just need Jesus, and patience, to make it happen.
2. Study harder. Devote a lot more time to my school work. Mediocre won't do. I want to excel.
3. Read the whole Bible through. Spend more time in God's Word. I would love to have a devotion every day...but that requires better time management. Which brings me to my next one.
4. Manage my time better. This will allow more time with Colton, more time to study, time for devotions, and more sleep. In doing this, I will need to set priorities.
5. Work out AT LEAST 4 times a week. There is no reason this can't happen. Just goes back to #4. I'm not getting any younger...which means neither is my metabolism. :)
6. Eat healthier. More fruits and veggies. Less fast food.
7. Cook more. Not just bake, but cook...real food, like for dinner and stuff. :) I love to cook, I just need to do it.
8. Blog more often. Once a week would be lovely. I can do that. Set aside one night a week...when I know my homework load won't be as heavy.
9. Plan more outings with Colton...for Colton. We do a lot of running around, but not enough of it is for him.
10. Read less fluff, and more books of substance.
11. Write. My dream is to write Children's Books. This year I will get started, and make it happen.
12. Get more involved at church. I have helped out in the nursery, and enjoyed it. But I would like to do that and more. I want to know the people I go to church with...and not just my small group of friends.
13. Love unconditionally. I feel that I do this well...but nowhere near the way Jesus loves.
14. Be more like Jesus. I want people to look at me and know that I am a Christian, and that I love Jesus. I want to be a walking testimony...and an example to Colton. I want to love Jesus with all of my heart...and not just my leftovers.
15. Tithe. I have slacked on my tithing the past couple of years. I have no excuses. This year is a fresh start. God has taken care of me, and given me so much. I HAVE to give back to him...faithfully.
16. Be a better friend. Not just on my time, and when it's good for me. I want to be a better listener.
17. Play the piano more. I took for so many years. Why don't I practice? What was the point of all of that time spent practicing, and all the money spent on lessons. I will inherit a beautiful grand piano one day. I don't want it to just collect dust.
That's all for now. I think that's a good list. Jesus, please help me to prioritize. Give me grace, patience and peace. This year promises to be super busy, but well worth it.
Back to reality!
9 months ago