Monday, August 4, 2014

Keep Calm and Go To The Spa

Today's post hits on a number of aspects that I'm working on to live a more intentional life. I have been blessed to have my parents so close, the majority of Colt's life. So many times I would be struggling, exhausted, frustrated...trying to be a good mom. My mother would gently nudge me out of the house, telling me to take some time for myself, cool off.  To come back with a fresh start. And it always helped. 

These last few weeks at work have been a bear...which meant I was coming home to Colton with bear-like characteristics! Thankfully I was able to ship him off to Dallas for a week, which ensured his survival. This past Friday was the light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak. Once I got to Friday, I knew things would somewhat calm down...a bit. And they did. 

So what did I do as my "act" of intentional living? I scheduled a massage for last night. Here's what all that entailed:

1) Planning ahead. (I actually called last week to schedule this, and asked Mom to watch Colt somewhat in advance!) I'm not the best at this. I'm more of a last minute kind of gal.  Some might call that being spontaneous. But really it's just me not wanting to commit to anything too far in advance.

2) Take some time for myself. Give myself the opportunity to regroup, start fresh, do something for me. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not starved for "me time".  But this was something extra. And man did I feel good afterward!

So here's my advice to you. Do something for you. Take a break. Walk away from the mess for a bit. Don't worry, it will still be there when you get back. But I can promise that you will tackle it with a different mindset. And hopefully it will help you to do less "reacting", which is definitely something I'm working on. 




No comments:

Post a Comment