Monday, August 11, 2014

But first, Let me take a Selfie

Guys, let me tell you about my mom. This lady oozes the fruits of the spirit. A classy lady who loves her family. Would do anything for her family...almost to a fault. She is the kind of mother I want to be. Patient. Graceful. Fun. Loving. I think you get it...she's pretty awesome!

This past weekend Colton was (and still is) in Dallas. So Mom and I got to hang out freely. Which we did the last time he was in Dallas. So what did we do? We went to the Rangers vs Astros game and proudly cheered the Rangers to victory!!! But not just that. We talked about life. And our goals. Our current struggles. We laughed a lot. It was wonderful. She gave me more advice on raising Colton, which I eagerly took. 

My encouragement to you is several things. 1) If possible, hang out with your mom. And if she's like mine, listen to her. 2) Find and spend time with someone who is older than you, has been in your shoes. And if she's like mine, listen to her. 

You'd be amazed the things you will learn, the things God will teach you through her. Because every time I come away from spending time with her, I'm challenged to do better, to be better. 

I love you Mom! Let's hang out again soon! But first, let me take a Selfie. 




No comments:

Post a Comment