Sunday, August 3, 2014

A Good Laugh and A Long Sleep

I've found myself wanting...needing...to live a more Intentional Life.  This whole trying-to-survive-the-day business is for the birds.  Watching the clock, counting down the hours, wishing for my bed...all of these seem to have found their way into my every day life.  And I don't know about you, but I don't like it.  Life is a gift!  Each new day is a blessing.  God put me here, in this moment, for a reason.  

I have the privilege of being Mommy to a little man, that is every day moving closer to being a "man".  So while he's in my care, while he's still mine to help mold, I better pray that I'm being the best "molder" that I can be. 

So here's my challenge, my goal.  Each day I want to document something, anything, that contributes to living a more intentional life...one that will affect Colton and me...my work life and home life.  It doesn't have to be life changing.  It can be anything.  Reading God's Word.  Saying a prayer.  Giving a smile when I'd rather give the finger!  Planning and cooking a meal vs grabbing fast food.  Going to the gym.  Saying an extra "I love you".  Listening.  Shoot, actually paying attention to a story I could care less about!  Giving my time.  Being authentic...being real.  Following through.  Disciplining.  Taking a walk and talking about life.

You get it.  Not just trying, but doing.  Succeeding.  

So I'll start with this picture:


I find myself praying for patience almost daily.  I don't know why, but God saw fit to NOT make me perfect.  And in doing so, left out the proper amount of patience one would need when raising an independent, strong-willed boy.  Really, he probably did it to keep me grounded and remind me that He will supply all of our needs...including patience.  So why this picture?  I guess it's a reminder that each day has a beginning and an end.  When times are tough, take a deep breath instead of reacting to the situation.  Remind myself of all of the crazy goodness in my life!  Don't take everything so seriously.  What may seem like "the end of the world" or a huge situation, is only that big in that moment.  

Folks, I am a lover of laughing...it does wonders for the soul.  Try it!  You'll agree!  You can't tell me that listening/watching a baby laugh that guttural laugh doesn't put a smile on your face.  It's a good dose of medicine for sure.  And if that's not enough, a good nap will fix anything. 

Here's to being Intentional.  Here's to living life.  One day at a time.

-deborah



No comments:

Post a Comment